Smartview desktop KVM switch
The fully featured desktop KVM switch allowing multiple PCs/servers to be controlled and monitored from a single keyboard, monitor and mouse. Keyboards and mice can be conveniently located up to 20 meters (64 feet) away and with SmartView's Optimum Video Quality (OVQ) circuit, very high video resolution and quality is maintained, even over extended cable distances. SV2 is ideal for use in an environment where two PCs need to controlled. Perhaps a notebook and desktop or a network file server and communication server combination. SV4 for small to medium sized installations allows the control and monitor of up to four CPUs. A remote control interface is fitted as standard allowing channel switching up to 50 meters (160 feet) away.
- Front panel key Used for selecting channels
- Front panel display 7 Segment display shows
the currently selected port and keyboard and mouse activity.
- 'On the fly' configuration User options
can be selected without powering off the system.
- Channel selection Convenient switching using
selectable keyboard hot-key, 3 button mouse or front panel key. SV4
also supports RC1 remote control accessory and RS232 switching.
- High video quality The OVQ Circuit ensures
that Optimum Video Quality is maintained, even over extended distances.
Screen resolution of up to 1600 x 1200 supported.
- Hot connection of devices Can be connected
to many running PCs without reboot by using the keyboard and mouse reset
- Security lockout feature In addition to
the security already provided by your computer. SmartView supports a
lockout feature with user selectable password protection.
- Variable hot-key Commands can be selected
for quick channel selection.
- Expandable Where the size of your installation
is beyond the scope of a single SmartView, additional units can be cascaded.
This will allow you to use multiple units to provide a video-switching
- Extended cable distance CPUs can be located
up to 20 meters away from SmartView.
- Auto-scan The SmartView can be set to automatically
scan all ports or all active ports at a user definable rate.
- IBM ThinkPad compatible Tested with ThinkPad
'Y' (mouse and keyboard ) splitter cable and docking station.
- Automatic mouse conversion PS/2, IntelliMouse
and RS232 type mice are all supported between switch and CPUs. Controlling
mouse/trackball can have a wheel but must be PS/2 type (check with your
supplier to confirm compatibility).
- Expansion and remote connectivity (SV4 only) Optional RC1 Remote Control module easily attaches to your keyboard
or monitor and allows you to change channels. RC1 features a display
and keypad and allows SmartView to be controlled without a connected
keyboard or mouse for 'video only' switching applications.
- Physical (both models)
All metal case180x120x28mm.
- Power 5Vdc, 500mA. Specify UK, Euro,
US or universal versions when ordering.
- EMC 89/336/EEC CE marked. LVD 73/23/EEC.